Thursday, May 7, 2009

Another side of Grace

After two days of working long hours, and as not one thing I attempted to do today worked out right, I came to a point at about eleven, where I just wanted to give up, pack up my stuff and go to the house. Unfortunately my day was not even halfway through and the afternoon presented even more set backs and frustrations, and as I worked on a job that should have been much easier, and much less time consuming, still very much wanting to give up, I found myself begging God for just a little more grace. Now before you throw the "Was Jesus not enough?" stone at me, let me clarify. Jesus is definitely enough, and way more than I deserve, but what I was seeking was for me to show more grace to the circumstances around me. It is easy to accept grace coming to us, but much harder to look at the set backs and frustrations in life, and let it be okay that life some times throws wrenches, in even the best laid plans. My plans by the way are not the best laid, however, I really like for them to work. While still exhausted I found that very soon after realizing that it is unfair for me who is far from perfect, to expect perfection from my surroundings, I was no longer angry and frustrated about the way things were going. Not pleased with, but accepted them.

No comments: