Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Praising God

Have you ever had a day, where nothing seems to go right, everything you touch seems to break, nothing you attempt to do turns out right. On days like these it is difficult to praise God and be thankful to him, but we are called to rejoice in the Lord always. I had the pleasure of eating supper with a fellow believer, that I knew was having a hard day, but was impressed as he prayed for our meal, and thanked God for not just the meal, but for the day. It hit me like a box of rocks that I needed to take the same attitude, when I have bad days. I need to be thankful that God has granted me life, and forgiveness even when things are bad, and not wish for that day to be over, so I can get on to the next one, but to truly be grateful to be alive to experience it.