Thursday, November 13, 2008

Denominations

I mentioned earlier that I had the pleasure of reading Heavenly Man. I was talking to a couple Christian brothers about the book, and while we were talking about the book, I came to a realization that I shared with them. In the book it talks about trying to unite all the house church networks in China, and the problems they were having. They called a meeting of all the leaders. One of the leaders attending received a word from God telling him to wash the feet of the others there before, any talks or prayers started. The brother did not, the talks began, and the meeting began to fall apart in disagreement and aggression. The brother immediately sent for a towel and water and began to wash the feet of the men at the meeting. Seeing this other leaders began to help wash the feet of those in attendance. As they served each other the animosity was melted, and over the next several months they were able to unite. I was thinking about this, and thought, what would happen if the members of all the denominations of Christianity in the U.S stopped trying to one up each other, but instead looked for ways to admonish and encourage one another, perhaps this would lead to the love and unity in the body that God expects from his followers.

3 comments:

Phillip Fletcher said...

Tommy,

That is a very humbling and convicting testimony. The Lord continues to astound me about the believers in China as they seek to unify around Christ and serve one another.

Who is the writer of the book?

Phillip

Tommy said...

It is written by Brother Yun. For more information on him you can check out www.backtojerusalem.com/

Steven O. said...

Tommy, I am waiting for you to get back to posting......LOL!!!!
No, I do want to say there is a book I am going to get into your hands. Living in the Light of Eternity. It will rock your religion also.
Steven